Thursday, January 19, 2012

Why Share?

Pam Forster has a great post over at the Doorposts blog on teaching our kids about sharing.

I know that this is something that I struggle with in parenting my boys. It's sometimes "easier" to just break up a fight and divvy up the toys without addressing the hearts in the matter. But quick fixes rarely solve problems. It's like aesthetic cleaning. Just because I swept up the Cheerios doesn't mean the floor is clean. It definitely looks better, but the problem isn't solved.

This is something that I know will continue to develop as my boys grow older and mature in their comprehension. They understand a bit now, but I look forward to the day when they make connections between sharing with one another and what Jesus has done for them.



No comments:

Post a Comment